Training and Performance Management & Development
Talent Development has moved to Professional Education and Special Programs.
Effective October 1, 2020, Human Resources’ Talent Development team has formally realigned to report directly to the Division of Professional Education and Special Programs (PESP), with the following reporting relationship and titles:
- Susan Donahue, Executive Director of Talent Development and Continuing Education, reporting directly to Shawn O’Riley
- Julie Werkheiser, Senior Training Manager, continuing to report to Susan Donahue
Using their unique knowledge and skills in adult learning and curriculum development, the newly envisioned Talent Development and Continuing Education team will create programs and development opportunities that build knowledge, develop skills, and enrich not only Pace employees, but also those in our external community.
This move does not change the University’s commitment to its most valuable asset—our faculty and staff. We remain committed to helping our faculty and staff reach their professional potential in their current and future roles. By adding the expertise of the Talent Development team to the mission of the Office of Continuing and Professional Education, we seek to create innovative, high quality non-credit, professional development, and corporate training programs that address the continually evolving needs of the modern workplace, utilizing the rich and varied knowledge from across the Pace Community.
While the core employee training curriculum and leadership and career development programs will continue to be administered by the Talent Development and Continuing Education team, some of Talent Development’s remaining responsibilities will be restructured within Human Resources as outlined below.
- The Compensation Department will manage the administration of the Performance Management and Development Process (PMDP), including questions regarding the PMDP system and supervisory reporting updates.
- The Employee Relations Department will provide support for performance management coaching and requests for consultation and development of staff retreats and organizational development interventions.
- Tammy Frary, Associate Director, HR Compliance and Reporting, will manage the compliance training efforts, including the new-hire and annual Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training and the ongoing COVID-19 Safety Training.