As a member of the Pace University Community, I pledge to conduct myself with dignity and respect.
I am accountable for my words and actions.
I believe in integrity.
I believe in diversity.
I believe in equality.
I believe in civility.
Pace Community Standards
- Model the behavior you would like to see from others.
- Speak up—do not let your silence condone disrespectful behavior.
- Be mindful that conflict is healthy if expressed appropriately—you are not always right and others are not always wrong.
- Be a respectful listener.
- Remember that your tone of voice matters: It’s not what you say, it’s what others hear!
- Consider how your use of technology (email, social media, etc.) helps or hinders a respectful work environment.
- Make an effort to have difficult conversations in person or by telephone, not electronically.
- Embrace a positive and solution-oriented approach to resolving conflicts or expressing complaints.
- Show appreciation by saying please and thank you.
- Keep in mind that kindness has a ripple effect—treat everyone with respect and consideration.