The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides cost-free professional consultation and referral services for University employees and faculty who are experiencing work and personal-related difficulties. Spouses/partners and immediate family members (living in your household) are also eligible for EAP services. Overview of the EAP plan (PDF).
Employee Assistance Program
It can be difficult to balance the demands of work with those of your personal life. The EAP is here to help. The program provides personal advocates to work with you and your household family members to help you to resolve issues that you may be facing.
Cigna’s Employee Assistance Program includes:
- 24-hour/365-day live phone access;
- Referrals for up to 3 free, face-to-face counseling visits for behavioral issues utilizing the same network as the medical plan, Cigna Open Access Plus network;
- Referrals to community resources for localized support;
- Consultation and referrals for work-related issues, including coping with work stress, working with difficult people, time management, and talking with your manager;
- An online resource library with a variety of health and emotional well-being content, as well as interactive tools, and behavioral health provider search capabilities;
- Comprehensive life events services that provide information, research, and qualified referrals on an extensive range of topics to help you balance work and life responsibilities.
Help is only a call or a click away. Call whenever you like, as often as needed. Consultants can help you work through your concerns and develop a plan to address your problems. Calls are confidential; no one will know that you use this service unless you tell them.
Any member of your household may access these services, including dependents living away from home.
You can reach Cigna’s Employee Assistance Program 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, at 1 (877) 622-4327. You can also access information on the Cigna website (Employer ID: paceuniv).