Communicate with your collegues using Microsoft Outlook for Exchange integrated email and calendaring service that feature email calendar invites, scheduling views for multiple calendars, shared calendars, and a 2 GB quota. The currently recommended client for email is Microsoft Outlook 2013. If you have a pace-owned machine this application will be automatically installed. Otherwise, you do have the option to download the latest version of the Microsoft Outlook client from the ADAM site for work-related purposes. You can also access your email using the web by going to Outlook Web App (OWA) system.
Communicate with your fellow students, professors, friends and family, and keep your schedules organized by using the e-mail and calendar system. Students can access their Pace email through Outlook Web App.
Communicate with your fellow students, professors, friends and family, and keep your schedules organized using Microsoft Outlook Web App integrated email and calendaring service that feature email calendar invites, scheduling views for multiple calendars, shared calendars, and a 2 GB quota. You can access your email by going to the Outlook Web App system.
What is a Listserv Discussion Group?
A listserv discussion group is a forum for groups to discuss topics, interests and share ideas via e-mail. Listserv software manages these lists by automatically distributing e-mail to each member.
Creating a Listserv Discussion Group
To create a Listserv discussion list, a request via http://help.pace.edu. The following information will be required:
- your name
- campus location
- telephone extension
- subscription type (open, closed, by owner)
- list owner's name and e-mail address (must be a Pace e-mail address)
- list name which must end in -L (e.g., STAFF-L)
- list purpose (relating somehow to the University or your job function)
To obtain a local discussion group listing:
- Go to http://list.pace.edu
- Select ‘Online Mailing List Archives’
- Make your appropriate selection
Subscribing to a Discussion Group List
The majority of listserv discussion group lists are private or closed, as opposed to public or open lists where anyone can subscribe, so the list owner controls subscriptions to the lists. To subscribe to a list:
- address e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the command: Subscribe listname Firstname Lastname, where listname is the name of the discussion list and Firstname and Lastname are your full name
- open lists respond indicating you have been subscribed to the discussion list
- closed lists notify you that your subscription is denied
As part of an initiative to reduce paper consumption, it is recommended you utilize discussion lists for your group correspondence.
Learn how to use the ListServ Web Interface:
- Viewing List Archives
- Managing Lists
- Adding and Removing Subscribers to Your Lists/Bulk Operations