The Pace Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides a mechanism for the computers that are using it to be part of the Pace University network when that computer is not physically on any Pace campus.
Note: The Pace VPN download page is only available from off-campus. Hence, the http://vpn.pace.edu links listed below will only work from off-campus. The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is not supported by the Windows RT tablet due to O/S restrictions with that device. Visit the Supported Software page for a full listing.
Students, Faculty, & Staff
How to get this service
- Go to http://vpn.pace.edu/ (when off-campus)
The first time you access this site, a program will download and install to your computer. For future connections, you can either run the program directly from your machine to connect or you can return to the http://vpn.pace.edu/ site and connect. Either way, your machine will not need to install the client software again.
If you experience any access issues, please contact the Pace Help Desk. Request can be submitted via the Help Desk system in the following Request Type: Information Technology > VPN/Remote Desktop Access
Contact the ITS Help Desk
- Check your Pace e-mail
- Go to the Pace home page, www.pace.edu and most of the underlying websites
- Log onto MyPace Portal and use most parts of MyPace Portal (Blackboard, registration, student records, etc.)
- Look at unrestricted Pace web pages
- Browse the Library systems
- Get to files stored on WFS (Web File System)
- Access Pace Administrative Systems (Banner, Timesheets, SharePoint etc.)
- Use license restricted Pace software
- Using software such as SSH (Secure Shell software typically used to connect to Unix & Linux systems)
- Start a Remote Desktop connection to an office computer (Remote Desktop, VNC, etc.)
- Log onto the Pace Domain Print from student PCs/laptops, on or off campus, and retrieve from any of the new printer locations
Note: For security reasons Banner is only avaliable via a remote desktop connection to your local Pace Machine.