The Pace Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides a mechanism for the computers that are using it to be part of the Pace University network when that computer is not physically on any Pace campus.
Students, Faculty, & Staff
How To Get This Service
From off campus you can connect directly to the Pace University network through the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client This solution is available for Macintosh OSX, Windows 7 or higher users including the 64-bit architecture.
- Go to the Apps, Downloads & Account Management webpage and click Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
Note: If your browser blocks pop-ups, you may need to click on 'allow pop-ups' at the top of the screen to begin your VPN session. Also, during the installation, you may be prompted to accept security certificates more than once; you should allow these in order to continue.
The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is not supported by the Windows RT tablet due to O/S restrictions with that device. Visit the Supported Software page for a full listing.
The first time you access this site, a program will download and install to your computer. For future connections, you can run the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client program directly from your machine to connect. Your machine will not need to install the client software again.
For any inquiries about this service, or to submit a request, please click this link to submit a Help Desk Ticket (Pace Portal username, password, and Duo MFA passcode required for login).
Contact the ITS Help Desk
Download and install the Pace Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
Connect using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
You Don't Need VPN to Use These:
Note: VPN is not necessary for accessing everything at Pace. So, if you want to just check Pace email, get access to our library systems, etc., you should not use VPN. By using VPN when you don't need to, you are most likely slowing down your own VPN experience while accessing other internet resources as well as taxing the Pace internet connection.
Here is a list of things you can do off campus without using VPN
- Check your Pace email
- Go to the Pace home page, and most of the underlying websites
- Log onto Pace Portal and use most parts of Pace Portal, registration, student records, etc.)
- Look at unrestricted Pace web pages
- Browse the Library systems
- Get to files stored on Web File System (WFS)
You Do Need VPN to Use These:
You will need VPN installed and running before you can begin to do the following (when off-campus):
- Access Pace Administrative Systems (Banner, Timesheets, etc.)
- Use license restricted Pace software
- Using software such as SSH (Secure Shell software typically used to connect to Unix & Linux systems)
- Start a Remote Desktop connectionp connection to an office computer (Remote Desktop, VNC, etc.)
- Log onto the Pace Domain Print from student PCs/laptops, on or off campus, and retrieve from any of the new printer locations
Note: For security reasons Banner is only available via a remote desktop connection to your local Pace Machine.